Sunday, April 10, 2011

Supplementation

     In order to maximize your ability to grow muscle, you must have a great diet. This is a known fact. But often times it is very hard to have a great diet without supplements.
     The supplements I would recommend to everybody are a good multivitamin and a good protein powder. These two things are essential to someone who wants to get big. The multivitamins I would suggest are Orange Triad by Controlled Labs and Animal Pak by Universal Nutrition. The thing with protein powder is that it is not all that different from company to company, so I would suggest to find the cheapest protein that is low in carbs and extra additives.
     Now, the extra supplements... These will benefit you greatly but are not necessary for anybody. These include creatine, amino acids, nitric oxides, and thermogenics. Out of these, I would definitely recommend creatine and amino acids. Nitric oxides are good for extra energy during your workout and can help to increase blood flow to your muscles. Thermogenics are essentially weight loss supplements that increase your body temperature to burn more calories. I would only recommend Nitric Oxides and Thermogenics to advanced lifters as they are not really necessary and wouldn't do a beginner much good.
     The supplements I currently am taking are multivitamin (GNC's Megamen Sport), protein (Bodyfortress Super Advanced Whey Protein), creatine (EFX Kre-Alkalyn, EAS's Push), amino acids (Glutamine, Taurine, Cytosport's Monster Amino ), nitric oxide (Gaspari Nutrition Plasma Jet, Gaspari Nutrition' Superpump 250), and Fish Oil. Honestly, I get depressed just thinking about how much money I have spent on all of these... but I can see the great improvements in my body so I just say "Money well spent."

Learn more about supplements as well as buy them at http://bodybuilding.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment